How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.