How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.