How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with regards to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.