How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not best.