How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.