How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.