How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not best.