How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.