How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.