How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.