How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.